The Autism Services Program for children age 6-12 years old focuses on the individualized needs of your child and can include social skills, life skills, community accessibility, and emotional regulation.
When your child receives Autism Services from NONA he/she will be working with therapists who are on the Registry for Autism Services Providers (RASP) as required by the Autism Funding Unit.
Once your child is taken on in our Autism Program 6-12 we will provide one of the following:
- 1:1 sessions per week with one Behaviour Interventionist
- weekly Group session run by Behaviour Interventionists
The above is accompanied with Behaviour Analyst, Occupational Therapist and/or Speech Language Pathologist consultation, the amount to be determined by the team
Sometimes it’s important for your child to have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) set up with the school district, upon the families request a NONA staff person who is familiar with your child can attend the school IEP meeting.
- Autism Speaks
- Social Thinking
- Autism Community Training (ACT-BC)
- Provincial Outreach Program for Autism Spectrum Disorders (POPARD)
- Autism Internet Modules
- A Parent’s Handbook: Your Guide to Autism Programs, a BC Ministry of Children and Family Development publication.
- BC Government Autism Funding
The First Step
If you have concerns about your child please visit your family doctor who will be able to point you in the right direction. NONA’s Autism Program accepts referrals once a child has been diagnosed with Autism.
Referrals to Autism
Please complete our referral form if your child is under 19 and is diagnosed with autism. If you would like information about space on the Autism Program please contact the ASP Manager. Click Here to access the form.
Autism Services Program Manager