The NONA Child Development Centre respects an individual’s right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the personal information of families served, staff, volunteers, contractors, donors and website visitors. We manage this personal information in accordance with BC’s Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws.
Families Served: NONA collects and uses personal information about the families we serve for the following purposes:
- To determine eligibility for services and funding;
- To assess needs of and to provide services to child/family served;
- To maintain emergency contact information of families served;
- To gather statistics for service delivery improvement;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To contact families about upcoming NONA events, activities and/or programs that may be of interest to them.
Staff, Volunteers and Contractors: NONA collects and uses personal information about staff, volunteers and contractors for the following purposes:
- To determine eligibility for employment or volunteer work, including verifying qualifications and references;
- To establish training and development requirements;
- To assess performance and managing performance issues if they arise;
- To administer pay and benefits;
- To process employee work-related claims;
- To comply with requirements of funding bodies;
- To comply with applicable laws.
Donors: NONA collects and uses personal information about donors for the following purposes:
- To issue charitable tax receipts and to acknowledge donations;
- To share information about upcoming events, activities and/or programs that may be of interest to them;
- For future fundraising purposes.
We do not lend, exchange, rent or sell our donor lists to other organizations. The personal information provided when making any online or in-person donation or conducting other transactions with us will be protected and will not be disclosed to any third parties.
NONA may gather data concerning traffic on this website for statistical analysis. This data is not linked to personal information and is used strictly to improve content of our website.
NONA staff who have access to the personal information of donors are required to keep that information confidential. They do not have permission to use donor information for any purpose other than to carry out the services that they are performing for NONA.
If donors provide NONA with their email address, they may receive periodic mailings regarding the programs and services we offer. If donors prefer not to receive these mailings, they may let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If donors have supplied a telephone number online, they may receive telephone contact from us responding to any requests that were made.
Our website may contain links to websites of other organizations that maintain their own privacy and security policies. This policy articulates the privacy practices of NONA only. Other websites which may be linked to the NONA’s website are governed by their own privacy policies.
Requests for access to and correction of personal information: Any individual has the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in his or her personal information that is in the custody or under the control of the NONA Child Development Centre.
If you would like to make a request for access to or correction of your personal information, please put it in writing, attention to the Quality Assurance Manager, NONA’s Privacy Officer. Include sufficient information in your request to allow us to identify the information you are seeking.
We will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, unless an extension is granted. We may charge a reasonable fee to provide information, but not to make a correction. We will advise you of any fees that may apply before beginning to process your request.
In certain exceptional circumstances, NONA may not be able to provide access to certain personal information we hold about an individual. If access cannot be provided, we will notify you, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
You can email your questions or complaints about NONA Child Development Centre’s compliance with privacy protection to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.