Autism Services – Under 6 Years
At NONA Child Development Centre we are committed to providing individualized early intervention services for young children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders and their families who live in the North Okanagan. As part of the program, Individual Behaviour Intervention Plans are developed for each child based on their unique strengths and needs and can include communication and language skills, independence and life skills, emotional knowledge and functioning and school readiness.
When your child receives Autism Services from NONA they will be working with therapists who are on the Registry for Autism Services Providers (RASP) as required by the Autism Funding Unit.
Once your child starts in our Autism Program Under 6 we will provide:
- Up to 8 hours a week of Behaviour Intervention (BI) Services (which may include group time)
- Up to 4 hours a month of Therapy Services including:
- Speech-Language Therapy (S-LP) and/or
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Interdisciplinary team meetings to review service plan
- Transition planning into kindergarten.
The above is accompanied by Behaviour Analyst (BA) consultation.
- Autism Speaks
- Social Thinking
- Autism Community Training (ACT-BC)
- Provincial Outreach Program for Autism Spectrum Disorders (POPARD)
- Autism Internet Modules
- A Parent’s Handbook: Your Guide to Autism Programs, a BC Ministry of Children and Family Development publication.
We appreciate the support of our community. Thank you for your help.
The First Step
If you have concerns about your child please visit your family doctor who will be able to point you in the right direction. NONA’s Autism Program accepts referrals once a child has been diagnosed with Autism.
Referrals to Autism
Please complete our referral form if your child is under 19 and is diagnosed with autism. If you would like information about wait times to start our Autism Services Program please contact the ASP Manager. Click Here to access the form.
Autism Services Program Manager
Connect with us.
2802 34 Street, Vernon, BC V1T 5X1
Socialize with us
To strengthen the abilities of children with special needs and to enhance opportunities for them to participate in their community.